Sunday, January 4, 2015

Starting At The Bottom

Way back when I started following blogs one of the first contests I entered was for a Lacey Thong Kit on Melissa's blog and I won.

And soon after my first pair of undies was made:

Then I made use of some very long stashed Liberty print.  The lace was white but I used my Grandmother's method of "beigeing" linens;  dip in tea.

Then on MPB day I treated myself to some stretch silk charmeause. Again I've tea dyed white lace.

I've adjusted the pattern to use the small heights with the mediums widths and love the results.  Have to make more and I've still got a lot from the yard of silk left. I've also start using the picot edge type elastic on the waistband as well as the crotch edges.  It's softer and works well.  I do put the silk ones through the washing machine and hang to dry. They come out ready to wear.


  1. Thank you for your comment on PR re: my eyelet knock-off project. I've never tried this before but it sounds like a good plan. And welcome to blogging! (I really need to get back myself *redface*)

  2. Thanks.
    Try it with a small piece of each of the materials you will use to see how they look