Sunday, April 17, 2016

I've got a skirt thing going on


So the 3rd skirt post in a row.



Fabric was my last purchase made at Chic Fabrics before it closed.  It's a charmeuse with matte dots and I've used it wrong side up so it is matte with charmeuse dots.  I just love a fun skirt, worn with solid tops and the colors of this print are totally me.

No pattern, no hand sewing.   I took my 1 yard of fabric and cut a waist band off of one selvedge side.    Cut the remaining piece in have crosswise.  Then I cut 2 pieces of Bemberg lining the same size less 1" along the long side.  With both the main fabric and the lining I  sewed the two respecitve  pieces together on the short sides.   Next the body and lining were sewn along the long end, which became the hem line.  Side seam had a zipper inserted and sewn.  Waistband created and attached with a single button for closure and done.

Here's a look at the no hem hem:





Twirling shot:



Guess what?  There's another skirt sewn.  Just need a photo session. Been really bad about that lately.

'Til next time.

6 comments:

  1. Expertise makes things easy. Looks lovely on you. I bet it will get worn throughout the warm months with lighter tops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when you can just make up a skirt from a piece of great fabric. No waste, no instructions, no sweat. Then you put it on and it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when you can just make up a skirt from a piece of great fabric. No waste, no instructions, no sweat. Then you put it on and it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I have another one pre-blog that worked out well too.

      Delete