Monday, May 1, 2017

Sew Nice I Made It Twice



Well not quite.

The Taylor Skirt from Style Arc Patterns:



This was my first go at a Style arc pattern.  I bought it through Etsy so while I got three sizes, but they can only be printed out one at a time and aren't nested.  My measurements put me at a mix of the 8 and the 10.  I don't like clothes that are too tight so I went with the 10.

And it came out way to big.  It was the begin of winter and I put it away.  Now that Spring is here (though we've had a couple of days Summer) I figured it was time to fix it.

I took it all apart and took 1/2" off each of the side seams, then reattached the waist elastic and redid the hem.

Now it looks quite perfect. Even the back view:



The fabric is one of the stripe pontes that Mood always has available whether in-store or on-line.
I used one to make a Coco Dress pre blog as did Lauren.  Sarah used one very recently.


I love what the seaming does to the stripes:




Ultimately I've ended up with a successful make, but I'm still hesitant about using a Style Arc pattern again.  There are a few bloggers for whom their styles really work, but I think I'm really not their body type.  If there's a style that I just can't find elsewhere, perhaps.

One more view:



2 comments:

  1. that looks great and the adjustments were worthwhile. I haven't had any luck with Style Arc patterns although I see a lot of great garments on other people. But now that you have conquered that pattern you should make it again - would be so different in any other fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this skirt on you! The stripes come together in such a wonderful sophisticated pattern.

    ReplyDelete